HR Professionals & Senior Leaders:
Is the precarious balance of people, profit and the changing landscape keeping you awake at night?
Do you want to improve your leader’s ability to motivate and inspire their teams?
Want your people to be more resilient, empathetic, agile, adaptable, and inspiring?
Developing your leaders to be more emotionally intelligent – resilient, empathetic, adaptable and inspiring
Why we do this
“We believe when leaders are emotionally intelligent, they and their people are happier and more fulfilled, and get better results for themselves, their teams and their organisations.”
Sue Belton & Anne Taylor
Successful, technically excellent leaders perform better when they develop their emotional intelligence (EQ). They will become more resilient and empathetic, agile and adaptable, all while having more collaborative conversations.
EQ Leadership Formula Model
Our EQ Leadership Formula Model has been developed through extensive experience and research. Rooted in neuroscience and mindfulness, it ensures lasting behavioural change.
You and Your People
WHO YOU ARE – As an HR Professional or Leader, you want to confidently face the challenges ahead and proactively support, develop and retain your people and be an ‘employer of choice.’ You and your leaders are smart, technically excellent and have been resilient in this difficult time. You know more is needed to perform through this next phase, and that EQ or ‘soft skills are integral to success.
EMOTIONAL FATIGUE AVOIDING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS RIGIDITY + INFLEXIBILITY
- You’re worried about your employees’ well-being, stress levels and mental health.
- You’re seeing emotional outbursts, lack of patience and overwhelm and increased absenteeism.
- Emotional fatigue and exhaustion are commonplace.
- Now leaders need to have new levels of understanding, empathy and patience for their people while also dealing with their own emotional fatigue.
AVOIDING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- There are pockets of minimal collaboration, low trust, silos and avoidance of challenging conversations.
- Leaders and managers are reluctant to give and receive feedback, ‘tell’ rather than coach resulting in less engagement and empowerment.
- More ‘difficult conversations’ are needed, for more effective decision-making, greater influencing, authenticity and cohesion.
RIGIDITY + INFLEXIBILITY
- There’s a relentless pace, constant change; processes and people are not adapting fast enough.
- Practices and mindsets need to be more agile.
- Decision making and bureaucracy stall innovation.
- Leaders feel pressure to hit targets, all while addressing the macro issues of climate, sustainability, pandemics and inclusion.
- You risk falling behind the competition and ruining your reputation.
Why work with us
WHAT YOU GET – You will confidently face the challenges ahead and proactively support, develop and retain your people as an ‘employer of choice’. You and your leaders lead with empathy and understanding and fully motivate and inspire others. Everyone feels happier and more fulfilled. You and your leaders drive greater performance personally, for others and the organisation.
RESILIENCE + EMPATHY
- Your employees’ well-being, stress levels and mental health are all improved.
- There’s greater emotional regulation, improved patience, and more focus leading to greater fulfilment and productivity.
- Your leaders and managers have understanding and are more confident in dealing with emotions.
- They have greater levels of empathy, patience, and emotional regulation.
HAVING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- You’re seeing open and constructive conversations, improved trust and higher collaboration.
- Issues are being addressed positively, disagreements resolved and relationships are better.
- People are giving/receiving genuine feedback resulting in increased confidence and competence.
- There is more curiosity, greater influencing skills, and higher levels of authenticity.
AGILE + ADAPTABLE
- Decision making and processes expedite and advance problem-solving and innovation.
- Mindsets become growth-oriented.
- People are open-minded and people-focused. People have the freedom to act, take more risks, make mistakes, learn quickly and adapt and flex.
- The organisation becomes faster, more nimble, outpacing the competition and being seen as the company and employer of choice.
What we offer
Our EQ Leadership offerings are born out of our joint passion for emotional intelligence, neuroscience and mindfulness and the dramatic, positive cumulative impact they have on people, in businesses and in the world at large.
All offerings are a blend of theory, experiential, reflection and pragmatism to address all 4 learning styles and neuroscience to embed the learning.
Potential topics covered
- Achievement orientation/driving high performance
- Emotional literacy
- Emotional self-awareness e.g. impatience, frustration
- Emotional regulation e.g. stress management
- Maintaining composure
- Reading the signals from others/in the room
- Understanding people – their emotions, circumstances & differences
- Recognising what is not being said
- Influencing and adapting to others
- Conflict management/difficult conversations
- Coaching behaviours e.g. listening, questioning
- Giving and receiving feedback
We’re Sue Belton and Anne Taylor, both award-winning, highly experienced and accredited executive coaches and EQ leadership development experts.
We have a combined thirty-five years of corporate experience:
and twenty-six years’ executive coaching and leadership development experience:
We are certified practitioners and/or bring accreditations/training in:
We work with mid to large organisations, both UK-based and multinational, both in-person and virtually.
We are both award-winning, published authors:
… and we often get our best ideas hiking together.