HR Professionals & Senior Leaders:
Is the precarious balance of people, profit and the changing landscape keeping you awake at night?
Do you want to improve your leader’s ability to motivate and inspire their teams?
Want your people to be more resilient, empathetic, agile, adaptable, and inspiring?
Developing your leaders to be more emotionally intelligent – resilient, empathetic, adaptable and inspiring
Why we do this
“We believe when leaders are emotionally intelligent, they and their people are happier and more fulfilled, and get better results for themselves, their teams and their organisations.”
Sue Belton & Anne Taylor
Successful, technically excellent leaders perform better when they develop their emotional intelligence (EQ). They will become more resilient and empathetic, agile and adaptable, all while having more collaborative conversations.
EQ Leadership Formula Model
Our EQ Leadership Formula Model has been developed through extensive experience and research. Rooted in neuroscience and mindfulness, it ensures lasting behavioural change.
You and Your People
WHO YOU ARE – As an HR Professional or Leader, you want to confidently face the challenges ahead and proactively support, develop and retain your people and be an ‘employer of choice.’ You and your leaders are smart, technically excellent and have been resilient in this difficult time. You know more is needed to perform through this next phase, and that EQ or ‘soft skills are integral to success.
- You’re worried about your employees’ well-being, stress levels and mental health.
- You’re seeing emotional outbursts, lack of patience and overwhelm and increased absenteeism.
- Emotional fatigue and exhaustion are commonplace.
- Now leaders need to have new levels of understanding, empathy and patience for their people while also dealing with their own emotional fatigue.
AVOIDING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- There are pockets of minimal collaboration, low trust, silos and avoidance of challenging conversations.
- Leaders and managers are reluctant to give and receive feedback, ‘tell’ rather than coach resulting in less engagement and empowerment.
- More ‘difficult conversations’ are needed, for more effective decision-making, greater influencing, authenticity and cohesion.
RIGIDITY + INFLEXIBILITY
- There’s a relentless pace, constant change; processes and people are not adapting fast enough.
- Practices and mindsets need to be more agile.
- Decision making and bureaucracy stall innovation.
- Leaders feel pressure to hit targets, all while addressing the macro issues of climate, sustainability, pandemics and inclusion.
- You risk falling behind the competition and ruining your reputation.
Why work with us
WHAT YOU GET – You will confidently face the challenges ahead and proactively support, develop and retain your people as an ‘employer of choice’. You and your leaders lead with empathy and understanding and fully motivate and inspire others. Everyone feels happier and more fulfilled. You and your leaders drive greater performance personally, for others and the organisation.
RESILIENCE + EMPATHY
- Your employees’ well-being, stress levels and mental health are all improved.
- There’s greater emotional regulation, improved patience, and more focus leading to greater fulfilment and productivity.
- Your leaders and managers have understanding and are more confident in dealing with emotions.
- They have greater levels of empathy, patience, and emotional regulation.
HAVING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- You’re seeing open and constructive conversations, improved trust and higher collaboration.
- Issues are being addressed positively, disagreements resolved and relationships are better.
- People are giving/receiving genuine feedback resulting in increased confidence and competence.
- There is more curiosity, greater influencing skills, and higher levels of authenticity.
AGILE + ADAPTABLE
- Decision making and processes expedite and advance problem-solving and innovation.
- Mindsets become growth-oriented.
- People are open-minded and people-focused. People have the freedom to act, take more risks, make mistakes, learn quickly and adapt and flex.
- The organisation becomes faster, more nimble, outpacing the competition and being seen as the company and employer of choice.
What we offer
Our EQ Leadership offerings are born out of our joint passion for emotional intelligence, neuroscience and mindfulness and the dramatic, positive cumulative impact they have on people, in businesses and in the world at large.
All offerings are a blend of theory, experiential, reflection and pragmatism to address all 4 learning styles and neuroscience to embed the learning.
Potential topics covered
- Achievement orientation/driving high performance
- Emotional literacy
- Emotional self-awareness e.g. impatience, frustration
- Emotional regulation e.g. stress management
- Maintaining composure
- Reading the signals from others/in the room
- Understanding people – their emotions, circumstances & differences
- Recognising what is not being said
- Influencing and adapting to others
- Conflict management/difficult conversations
- Coaching behaviours e.g. listening, questioning
- Giving and receiving feedback
We’re Sue Belton and Anne Taylor, both award-winning, highly experienced and accredited executive coaches and EQ leadership development experts.
We have a combined thirty-five years of corporate experience:
and twenty-six years’ executive coaching and leadership development experience:
We are certified practitioners and/or bring accreditations/training in:
We work with mid to large organisations, both UK-based and multinational, both in-person and virtually.
We are both award-winning, published authors:
Our clients include:
The last 14 months of working with Sue have been a wonderful and transformative experience, personally for me and for my organisation.
Sue is an amazing mentor, coach and person – she doesn’t shy away from taking you out of your comfort zone, asking powerful questions and prompt the kind of thinking that we don’t all do in our routine day-to-day, which is the space where growth happens.
She has had a great impact on me personally and professionally and I’m excited for the rest of the journey in growing as a leader, as well as our future business collaborations with her!
Sue is a wonderful coach. I feel that working with her has had a life changing impact.
She helped hugely to refocus my career, offering genuine life advice at the same time; guiding me to a place of resilience, confidence, clarity of thought, and ultimately peace of mind.
I am a Commercial Director for Costain Ltd. When I met Sue I was at a stage where my professional development was reliant on an approach which had served me well to that point, but was however running out of steam in terms of getting the most from myself; the purpose and value I was adding lacked clarity, which in spite of my best efforts was hindering the impact I was having.
My coaching with Sue consisted of setting some really clear and useful objectives, which were derived in response to her lovely non threatening approach to getting to the core of the challenges I was facing. In the space of only a handful of sessions (and through the use of some rather creative and innovative coaching methods), Sue helped me arrive at a well rounded and solid answer in response to the objectives we set. I now feel that I am absolutely delivering what my leadership and business want, rather than speculating and just doing the best I can.
Sue has a remarkable knowledge of coaching and applies an often incredibly insightful scientific basis and empathy to her approach. I believe that what sets Sue apart is that she genuinely cares about the impact she has and wants to make a difference. It’s my pleasure to say she’s had a huge impact and made a massive difference. She is calming, does not judge and is wonderfully intuitive in her coaching.
Sue has brought a sense of mindfulness, self reflection and belief to my thinking that never would have existed unless we met. That’s quite something.
I am really pleased and privileged to be passing on this recommendation. I cannot praise Sue highly enough.
She’s an absolute tour de force. Thanks.
Sue is a leader in her field and has a high degree of professionalism when conducting meetings and trainings. She managed to bring out the best in the team especially with on the spot coaching during sessions. It comes naturally to her and that is reflected in her work. I would recommend Sue as a coach and a trainer to any individual or company for larger group sessions, she can adapt easily and accommodates your needs.
I’ve really enjoyed working with Sue. An extremely positive lady who has an infectious style for just getting things done. A classic example of this was her adoption of the current Zoom technology to create break out rooms in a recent coaching workshop she and Anne ran for our executive management team. We all enjoyed the buzz and anticipation not knowing who we were going to be paired with for the exercises and as if by magic Sue appeared as an extra coach to give us feedback and pointers for improvement. A great use of technology to make a difference.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Sue during the last year and she’s had a huge impact on both my professional and personal life. She’s a wonderful coach and mentor – great at listening and incredibly empathetic. She’s certainly taken me out of my comfort zone, but in a good way, leading to real improvements in my approach to leadership and my own coaching style.
Great insight into the human behaviour and possibility to increase awareness. I learned a lot and the training had a positive impact on me professionally and personally.
Compassionate, knows how to swiftly bring harmony in an uncomfortable situation.
Great information and training for people personally and professionally – key learnings everyone can take away and implement in their lives to help them become more aware of themselves and others.
Sue and Anne gave informative sessions for myself and the TA team at Visual Concepts. It was really insightful to learn of different behaviours and to be aware and use new techniques when working human to human. The information has been impactful and as a team, incorporate the new learnings into our everyday work.
Provides constructive conversation with each individual’s responses.